Laos + Angkor Within The Frame
January 21st, 2011

Laos + Angkor Within The Frame

In September, David duChemin and I will accompany eight participants on a photographic adventure in former Indochina. This is our first tour in Southeast Asia, and it’s our first multi-country workshop.

We will begin our adventure in Vientiane, Laos but head almost immediately to the Luang Namtha Province of northwest Laos, bordering Burma/Myanmar and China. This portion of our adventure will include beautiful landscapes, waterfalls, jungles, minority villages and travel by private boat along the Mekong. We will overnight along the banks of the Mekong in a luxury-tented ecolodge.

Our journey along the Mekong will conclude in breathtaking Luang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where we will devote several days to photographing the wats (temples), monks and daily life along the shores of the convergence of two rivers and the wonderfully preserved historic section of the town center.

We will then fly to Siem Reap to visit the magnificent temples of Angkor, another UNESCO World Heritage Site, and explore the stilt houses, floating villages and life on lake Tonlé Sap.

While we will cover a lot of area on this tour, it won’t be rushed. We will take our time to absorb, linger and wait for the excitement of the new and exotic to blend with an understanding of our surroundings. We will work to find our vision. We’ll photograph in the early mornings and evenings, spend mid-days talking, discussing, learning and working to develop our art.

For the full itinerary and additional details, please visit the Laos + Angkor Within The Frame mini-site by clicking here. As the trip is limited to eight participants, we recommend reserving your spot as soon as possible. Email David and me for an application.

11 Responses to “Laos + Angkor Within The Frame”

1. OMG! Even if I have to sell BOTH Davids and Jeffreys left kidney I’m going on this trip!

2. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by David duChemin, Mark Olwick, JeffreyChapman, Amanda Goolsby, Stuart Sipahigil and others. Stuart Sipahigil said: RT @pixelatedimage: Who's coming to Laos + Angkor with @jeffreychapman and me? New WTF: http://bit.ly/egVHbT [...]

3. liisa hannus says:

Eli – We can ambush David when he gets back from Kenya. He’ll be tired, jet-lagged, and with enough alcohol in him I’m sure we can get a kidney no problem.

4. David says:

liisa, with that much alcohol in me you wouldn’t want my organs. Also, you’d have to overpower my ninjas.

5. Camille says:

What an amazing itinerary! I sincerely hope you consider the possibility of doing this workshop more than once. Either that or I will have to consider overpowering the ninjas…

6. Amie says:

David, if you’re bringing Ninjas on this WTF, I’m gonna have to sell one of my own kidneys to come along. ;)

7. Marco Ryan says:

You kept this very quiet. How frustrating as I am in Cambodia in July and Laos in March…..

Eli, I didn’t even realize that David and I were sharing a single left kidney!

liise, I think that we need an 8×10 photograph of you so that we can keep one eye open when deplaning!!!

David, I’m telling you for the last time… we can’t afford the ninjas!

Camille, we’ll do anything that you want us to do, but you’ve got to promise to lay off that volcano voodoo that kept you from showing up in Italy!

Amie, I was kind of hoping that you’d be our ninja!

Marco, yeah, you’ve got your months all wrong! :-)

9. Camille says:

I am flying through Iceland this year on my way to Croatia to make an offering to the volcano gods there. (This is actually true) I figured that if something’s giving you trouble, you have to deal with it directly, you know, face to face… So… yeah… I feel the same way about ninjas.

10. Amie says:

What a coincidence! My two week Ninja service fee happens to be $5,550. ;)

11. Eli R. says:

Thank you Jeffrey for improving my language skills. I guess it should have been “kidneys” because you get to keep one each. Well at least that was the initial plan.

And them turtles? Not afraid.

Anyone have the receipe for “Steak & Kidney Pie” btw?